Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for participation in the IT Workplace of Tomorrow 2022 Conference.
§1 General provisions
The Terms and Conditions specify the types, scope and conditions of provision of the ‘IT Workplace of Tomorrow 2022’ conference organized by the ‘Let’s Manage IT’ Foundation based in Gdańsk, the terms of concluding contracts on the provision of these services and the complaint procedure.
Whenever the following terms and definitions apply herein, they shall be understood as follows:
- Conference – the event with a particular date and formula (remote or stationary) organized by the ‘Let’s Manage IT’ Foundation to discuss the topics described in the Conference programme, which can be attended by any person who meets certain conditions of participation.
- Workshop – trainings in an online (remote) or stationary format organized by the ‘Let’s Manage IT’ Foundation aimed at obtaining, complementing or developing professional or general skills and qualifications necessary to perform work, which can be attended by any person who meets certain conditions of participation.
- Organizer – (the ‘Let’s Manage IT’ Foundation) — if the Terms and Conditions refer to the Organizer, this shall mean the ‘Let’s Manage IT’ Foundation, hereinafter referred to as “the Foundation”, based at ul. Lęborska 3b, 80-386 Gdańsk, registered in the District Court “Gdańsk – Północ” in Gdańsk VII Commercial Division under KRS number: 0000603363. NIP number: 5842747386, REGON number: 363766560, website: www.letsmanageit.pl, e-mail adress: email@example.com.
- Ordering Party – a natural person, a legal person or an organizational unit without legal personality, who has the capacity to perform legal actions and complete the application.
- Participant – a person delegated by the Ordering Party to participate in the Conference or Workshop. It is acceptable for the Participant to be the Ordering Party at the same time.
- Application – actions taken by the Ordering Party consisting in sending the Registration Form to the Organizer, aimed at registering the Participant for the Conference or Workshop.
- Registration Form – a document according to the template indicated by the Organizer, in electronic or paper form, effectively delivered to the Organizer.
- Confirmation of Participation – an email sent by the Organizer to the Ordering Party or the Participant, in response to the Application.
- Agreement – agreement for the provision of the Conference or Workshop services conducted in a stationary or online (remote) format, concluded between the Ordering Party and the Organiser upon submission of the Registration Form to the Organiser.
- Service – an information service created by the Organizer and available on the Internet, which enables the Users to use the information and services offered by the Foundation or its partners, including the realization of Conference or Workshop Participation Applications and commercial operations.
- Conference Website – the news service being a part of the Website, created for the Conference, available at: https://itworkplace.letsmanageit.com .
- Terms and Conditions – these Terms and Conditions.
- Working Days – days from Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
- Regulation 2016/679 – Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons regarding the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)
- The Application to participate in the Conference or Workshop can be made through the Registration Form available on the Conference Website or the Workshop Website. The willingness to participate should be confirmed in a manner that leaves an evidence both on the part of the Organizer and the Ordering Party.
- The Application of participation in the Workshop or Conference should be delivered to the Organizer within the time limit indicated on the Conference or Workshop Website, no later than 1 (one) working day before the date of their start.
- The Application of participation in the Conference or Workshop may be sent to the Organizer:
- in an electronic form, via an active Registration Form published on the Conference or Workshop Website: https://join.letsmanageit.pl/2794;
- in a digitized form (scan of the completed and signed Registration Form) sent by email to the Organizer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Application may be sent by any legal person, natural person or organisational entity not being a legal person (the so-called unincorporated entity) having the capacity for legal action. However, it is assumed that if the Participant is not the Ordering Party, the willingness of the Ordering Party is binding.
- The Application shall be binding and will entail payment for the selected ticket which entitles to participation in the Conference or Workshop within the specified time limit.
- The private person (consumer) submitting the Application for the Conference or Workshop to the Organizer shall give consent to the provision of services from the moment of submitting the Application.
§4 Pricing, Terms of Payment
- The price of participating in the Conference or Workshop is published on the Organizer’s Website or on the Registration Form. The price includes only the scope of services provided by the Organizer as listed on the Conference or Workshop Website in the description of the event.
- The Organizer shall apply varied prices for participation in the Conference or Workshop, depending on the timing of the payment made by the Ordering Party, in accordance with the information presented on the Website.
- The “Summer Ticket” price is valid if the payment for participation in the event is made until 31st August 2022 inclusive (the offer is subject to availability).
- The “September Ticket” price is valid if the payment for participation in the event is made until 30st September 2022 inclusive (the offer is subject to availability).
- The “October Ticket” price is valid if the payment for participation in the event is made until 26st October 2022 inclusive (the offer is subject to availability).
- Lack of Application or payment for the participation in the Conference or Workshop in the 3 dates specified above, means that the Organizer can cancel the more favourable price offer and the ordering Party may have to pay the extra amount resulting from the difference between the ticket price and the following prices: „March Ticket”, „April Ticket”, “May Ticket”.
- The date of payment is considered to be the date when the payment enters the Organizer’s bank account.
- It is possible to make payment for the participation in the Conference or Workshop via a bank transfer directly to the Organizer’s bank account or through PayU online payments. The payment should be made within the time limit specified by the Organizer.
- If the Organizer receives the Application and the Ordering Party fails to make the payment online, the Organizer shall issue a pro forma invoice on the basis of which the Ordering Party is obliged to pay the fee within the time and to the Organizer’s bank account indicated therein.
- Upon receipt of the payment, the Organizer shall Immediately issue a VAT invoice to the Ordering Party and send it via e-mail to the email address provided in the Form by the Ordering Party.
- The Organizer reserves the right to grant discounts on the price for the participation in the Conference or Workshop beyond the framework of these Terms and Conditions.
- Special offers and discounts cannot be combined — only one selected special offer or discount can be used.
- Special offers and discounts are not available to the Ordering Party who applied or paid for the participation in the Conference or Workshop prior to the launch date of the special offer or discount.
§5 Change of Participant
- The Ordering Party has the right to change the Participant of the Conference or Workshop. The Ordering Party shall notify the Organizer of the change of the Participant as provided for in section 3 of this paragraph of the Terms and Conditions.
- Tickets are non-returnable, the Ordering Party shall not be entitled to a refund of the payment or payments.
- Any correspondence addressed to the Organiser, referred to in sections 1-2 of this paragraph of the Terms and Conditions should be made in writing and sent by a registered letter to the address of the Organizer specified in § 2 point 3) hereof. A declaration of termination of the contract and/or indication of a new Participant may also be submitted in an electronic form and sent to the Organizer via the e-mail addressindicated in § 13 section 1 of the Terms and Conditions.
- The acceptance of the change of the Participant will be confirmed by the Organizer via e-mail sent to the address of the Ordering Party and the Participant as indicated in the application form.
- The Conference and the Workshop are held at the time indicated by the Organizer. The Organizer reserves the right to change the venue and the time of the Conference or Workshop. The Organizer shall inform the Ordering Party and Participants about such a change directly and through the Website at least 5 (five) days before the planned start of the Conference or Workshop.
- The only entity authorized to record the image or sound, including taking photos (photographs), during the Conference or Workshop, is the Organizer. It is forbidden to record any image or sound or to take any photographs by the Participants during the Conference or Workshop without obtaining the prior consent of the Organizer in writing under pain of nullity.
- The Organizer reserves the right to register and distribute audiovisual materials related to the course of the Conference or Workshop, including making them available to third parties and in the manner specified by the Organizer.
- The Service Provider reserves the right to record and publish audio-visual materials related to the course of Training Services delivered remotely and to make these materials available to third parties under the conditions and in the manner specified by the Service Provider.
- By appearing on the site of the Conference or Workshop or participating in the Conference or Workshop, including events accompanying them, the Participant gives consent to the Organizer to use his image, including the dissemination of the Participant’s image by the Organizer, without time or territorial restrictions, for organizational, advertising, promotional and marketing purposes related to the activities carried out by the Organizer, in particular in such forms of publication, as published on the website and in promotional and informational materials.
- By the action of switching on the camera or microphone in their device to allow access to the Conference or Workshop, the Participant agrees to the free recording of their image or sound from their microphone and to their free use, including distribution, as part of the audiovisual materials recorded by the Organizer.
- The Organizer reserves the right to make the Participant’s participation in the Conference or Workshop carried out remotely (online) conditional upon the Participant turning on the camera or microphone in their device.
- The Service Provider further informs that at any time, as the administrator of a Conference or Workshop conducted remotely (online), it may change the access settings or restrict the Participant’s access to the event, using the functionality of the communication platform through which the access to the Conference or Workshop is realized.
- The Organizer shall not be responsible for the Participants’ belongings that may be lost, destroyed or stolen during the Conference or Workshop in a stationary format.
§7 Organizer’s Liabilities
- The Organizer shall ensure that every effort is made to guarantee the quality of the Conference and the Workshop according to their description.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change the method of delivery of the Conference or Workshop and their formula at any time. The Organizer shall immediately inform theOrdering Party and the Participants about any changes, as well as through the Website.
- The Organizer shall comply with the guidelines on the epidemiological situation presented by the Government of the relevant public authorities being in force during the period of the organization of the Conference or Workshop, by providing any required precautions.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the Conference or the Workshop in the event of events beyond the Organizer’s control, including the introduction of a ban on the organization of events by competent public authorities or other restrictions on the organization of events – in such a case, all purchased tickets will be automatically transferred to the next Conference or Workshop held in the following calendar year. The Ordering Party shall also have the right to use the paid price of tickets entitling to participation in the Conference or the Workshop for other Organiser’s events taking place within the period of 12 (twelve) months from the planned date of commencement of the Conference or the Workshop, upon prior arrangement with the Organiser. Should the Ordering Party be uninterested in the proposed options of transferring funds to other events of the Organizer, the Organizer shall return to the Ordering Party the paid amount in full within 180 days of effective termination of the Agreement.
- The Organizer reserves the right to make changes to the programme of the Conference or Workshop at any time and this cannot be the basis for placing any financial claims against the Organizer.
- The Organizer reserves the right to refuse the Conference or Workshop services to Participants if the Ordering Party has not paid the fee due to the Organizer within the specified time limit.
§8 Liabilities of the Ordering Party and Participant
- The Ordering Party and the Participants are obliged to read and fully accept these Terms and Conditions. The Ordering Party shall make the content of these Terms and Conditions available to the Participants and oblige them to accept them and comply with their provisions.
- The Ordering Party undertakes to make the payment for the participation in the Conference or Workshop within the time limit and in the manner specified by the Organizer.
- It is forbidden to use the Conference or Workshop by the Ordering Party or the Participant in a manner contrary to the law, established customs, or in a way that would infringe the legitimate interests of the Organizer.
- To participate in the Conference or Workshop in an online format, the Participant is required to ensure proper technical facilities and permanent Internet connection on their side. Any and all technical requirements for accessing the Conference or Workshop online will be posted by the Organizer on the Conference or Workshop website.
- Participants of the Conference or Workshop are required to respect the rights of other Participants of the event, not to disturb the course of the Conference or Event and to comply with the provisions of the Regulations or the Organizer’s instructions. The Organizer has the right, at any time, to disallow participation in the Conference or the Workshop of persons disrupting the course of the event, violating order or safety rules, including persons under the influence of psychoactive substances (including alcohol or drugs).
§9 Ownership and Copyright
- When making available the information distributed through the Website to the Ordering Party and Participants, the Organizer pays particular attention to the need to respect intellectual property rights.
- The Organizer shall inform that the Service contains copyrighted documents, markings and other original materials, in particular texts, photos, graphics and sounds, programs and video materials. The layout and selection of the presented content used on the Website constitute an independent object of protection.
- The Participants undertake to use all the materials presented to them during the Conference or Workshop solely for their own personal use. Modifying, copying, uploading, public playback, other dissemination and any use of this content for commercial purposes requires prior written consent by the Organizer or by another authorised entity, under pain of nullity.
- The Ordering Party and the Participant shall ensure that when they use (via the Website) the copyrighted material, including copying, uploading and public sharing on the Internet for third parties, it is carried out with the consent of the legitimate entities. The Participants shall be completely liable for any damage resulting from their behaviour contrary to the aboverestriction.
- By sharing materials through the Website, the Participants agree to their use by other Participants for their personal use. The Organizer reserves the right to edit, copy and distribute these materials.
- The Ordering Party and the Participant shall not be entitled to carry out similar workshops modelled on the Workshop or Conference, for the benefit of other entities or its employees or collaborators unless the Organizer agrees to such actions in writing under pain of nullity.
§10 Processing and protection of personal data
- The controller of personal data of the Ordering Parties and Participants is the Let’s Manage IT Foundation based in Gdańsk at ul. Lęborska 3b, 80-386 Gdańsk, KRS number 0000603363, NIP number 5842747386, website: www.letsmanageit.pl, e-mail address: email@example.com.
- The provision of personal data by the Ordering Party is voluntary. However, it is mandatory in order to use the Service in full scope and to fulfil the agreements.
- The Organizer may process the following personal data of the Ordering Party or persons who represent him, necessary to establish, shape the content, change or terminate the legal relationship
- the surname and names of the Participant;
- name of the Ordering Party;
- electronic addresses of the Parrticipant;
- landline or cell phone number;
- additional number of Participants reported;
- address information;
- tax identification number;
- bank account number;
- or other data identifying or enabling the identification of the Ordering Party.
- The Organiser shall process the following personal data of the Participant – received from the Ordering Party or directly from the Participant – necessary for the performance of the Agreement:
- surname and first names of the Participant.
- name of the Ordering Party that reported the Participant;
- electronic mail address (e-mail);
- fixed or mobile telephone number;
- or other data that identifies or can be used to identify the Participant.
- The Organizer may process personal data of the Ordering Party or the Participant for marketing purposes of products and services of the Organizer or entities cooperating with the Organizer on the basis of consent granted by the Ordering Party or the Participant.
- The Organizer processes the Ordering Party’s personal data in order to:
- market on the basis of the consent given by the data subject (Article 6(1)(a) of Regulation 2016/679);
- performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, or to take action at the request of the data subject before entering into a contract (Article 6(1)(b) of Regulation 2016/679);
- to comply with legal obligations incumbent on the controller, arising primarily from the provisions of the relevant tax and accounting legislation (Article 6(1)(c) of Regulation 2016/679);
- to assert or defend against possible claims – the legal basis for the processing of personal data is the legitimate interest of the Organiser or a third party (Article 6(1)(f) of Regulation 2016/679).
- The Organiser processes the personal data of the person representing the Ordering Party, the person appointed by the Ordering Party to perform the Agreement, as well as the personal data of the Participant in order to conclude or perform the Agreement or to establish or pursue possible claims or to defend against such claims – the legal basis for the processing of personal data is the legitimate interest of the Organiser or a third party (Article 6(1)(f) of Regulation 2016/679).
- Personal data may be transferred by the Organiser to entities providing services to the Organiser in connection with the conclusion or performance of the Agreement, including the employees or associates of the Organiser, entities that are suppliers of IT systems and services, postal and courier operators, entities that provide legal services (including tax and debt recovery) or entities that provide document archiving services. Personal data may also be provided to authorized bodies to the extent required by applicable law.
- The personal data will be processed by the Administrator for the period of performance of the Agreement or – in the case of expressing an appropriate consent – for the period of 5 (five) years from the date of its expression or until withdrawal of consent. The period for processing personal data can be extended each time by the period of the statute of limitations for claims, if processing of personal data is necessary for vindication of potential claims or defense against such claims by the Administrator. After this period, the data will be processed only to the extent and for the period required by law.
- The Ordering Party and the Participant have the right to:
- withdraw their consent to the processing of personal data without affecting the legality of the processing that was carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal. Withdrawal of consent can be made by using the appropriate link contained in the marketing communications sent or by sending a message to the Ordering Party at its postal address or electronically to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- access to the content of his data and request for rectification, erasure, restriction of processing and the right to transfer personal data;
- object to the processing of personal data on the basis of Article 21 (1) of Regulation 2016/679;
- lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority dealing with the protection of personal data, if it considers that the processing of personal data violates the provisions of Regulation 2016/679
- With regard to personal data, the Organizer does not make decisions by automated means, pursuant to Article 22 of Regulation 2016/679
- Providing personal data is voluntary. Failure to provide the data will prevent the conclusion and performance of the Agreement or provision of other services by the Organiser.
- Sending a completed Registration Form by the Ordering Party (clicking the „Send Application” button located below the Registration Form) is tantamount to:
- confirmation by the Ordering Party of the authenticity and factual compliance of the data entered on the form;
- a statement that the Ordering Party has been informed about who, for what purpose and on what legal basis processes their personal data and about their rights related to it;
- acceptance by the Ordering Party of the present Regulations;
- the Ordering Party’s consent to the processing of their personal data by the Organiser for marketing purposes, in particular for the provision of information on the activities and plans of the Organiser and partner entities.
- Controller of personal data of the Ordering Party within the meaning of EP and Council (EU) Regulation 2016/679 of 27th April 2016 on the protection of individuals in connection with the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and the repeal of the Directive 95/46/EC in the framework of making online payments for conference or workshop services is PayU S.A. based in Poznań, ul. Grunwaldzka 186, 60-166 Poznań, TAX ID 779-23-08-495 (Payment Operator). Personal data of the Ordering Party shall be processed in accordance with applicable laws by the Payment Operator, for the purpose of providing services, archiving as well as marketing purposes related to the services and products of the Payment Operator and entities cooperating with it. The User of the PayU Service will not receive marketing and commercial information unless he gives his consent to this. Any detailed information regarding the processing of personal data by the Payment Operator is available from the Payment Operator.
§11 Specific provisions for consumers
- The Ordering Party being a consumer is obliged to pay for the Conference or Workshop in full before the completion date of the Conference or Workshop. If the payment is made up to 3 (three) days prior to the Conference or Workshop, the Ordering Party is obliged to hold confirmation of the transfer on the opening day of the Conference or Workshop.
- The Ordering Party who is a consumer within the meaning of the provisions of the Act of 30th May 2014 on consumer rights (Journal of Laws) of 2014, item 827 with later amendments, is entitled to withdraw from any conference or workshop service contract concluded with the Organizer within 14 (fourteen) days from the date of conclusion of the contract without giving reasons, subject to paragraph 6 and 7 below.
- The provision of section 2 above excludes the application of § 5 points 1-3 of the Terms and Conditions.
- The declaration of withdrawal should be made in writing. For the preservation of the term referred to in section 2 above, it is sufficient to send a statement of withdrawal by registered letter to the address of the Organizer (Let’s Manage IT Foundation, ul. Lęborska 3B, 80-386 Gdańsk) before that deadline. The withdrawal statement may also be submitted electronically and sent to the Organizer by email at email@example.com. The withdrawal form is available on the Website at https://info.letsmanageit.pl/hubfs/LMIT%20-%20IT%20Workplace%20of%20Tomorrow/Formularz%20odsta%CC%A8pienia%20od%20umowy%20IT%20Workplace%202021.pdf
- The Organizer, upon receiving the declaration of withdrawal from the Ordering Party shall immediately send a confirmation of its receipt to the Ordering Party’s e-mail address indicated in the Registration Form.
- The Ordering Party entering the contract for the provision of workshop or conference services less than 14 (fourteen) days prior to the date of the Workshop or Conference, obligatorily agrees for the provision of the workshop or conference service to commence before the expiry of the 14-day deadline for withdrawal from the contract. In such a case, the right to withdraw from the contract is not given from the moment the service provision has started.
- The provisions contained in Articles 27 – 38 of the Act of 30 May 2014 on consumer rights, concerning the consumer, shall apply to the Ordering Party who is a natural person and who concludes a Contract that is directly related to his business activity, when it is clear from the content of the Contract that it does not have a professional character for the Ordering Party, resulting in particular from the subject of his business activity, made available on the basis of the provisions of the Central Register and Information on Business Activity.
- The Organiser stipulates that the Conference or Workshop are only of informative character and cannot be used as a tool for making any decisions.
- The Organizer shall not be responsible for:
- any damage arising from the use of the Conference or Workshop by the Ordering Party or the Participant in a manner that is unlawful or not in accordance with the Terms and Conditions;
- any damage arising from the cessation of the provision of the Conference or Workshop in the event that this is due to the fault of the Ordering Party or the Participant or due to a violation of the provisions of the law or the Terms and Conditions;
- any damage arising from the use by the Ordering Party or Participant of materials, data and information made available in the scope of the provision of the Conference or Workshop for economic, investment, business purposes, etc.;
- any damage caused by the disclosure of personal data in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
- accidents and circumstances that could not be prevented by the Contracting Authority within the exercise of due diligence (e.g.: decrease in Internet connection speed, defective tools, equipment or software used by the Participant to access the Conference or Workshop online, lack of access to the Internet on the part of the Participant, Participant’s inability to use the computer system enabling access to the Conference or Workshop, etc.).
§13 Final provisions
- Any comments regarding the operation of the Service and Agreements should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All complaints may be reported to the Organizer in writing by traditional mail by registered letter to the address of the Organizer, indicated in § 2 point 3) of the Terms and Conditions as well as in electronic form to the e-mail address of the Organizer indicated in § 13 section 1 of the Terms and Conditions. If the data or information provided in the complaint requires completing, the Organizer shall ask the complainant to complete it within the indicated extent. The Organizer shall consider the complaint within 14 (fourteen) working days from the date of its submission. Complaints will not be considered after 14 (fourteen) days from the date of the Conference or Workshop. It is advisable that the complaint application contains:
- Name and surname of the Ordering Party;
- address of the Ordering Party’s headquarter/residence;
- the subject of the complaint;
- specific complaint request;
- A complaint cannot be based on a lack of technical facilities or poor Internet connection on the part of a Participant in the case of a Conference or Workshop conducted online.
- The law applicable to the contract between the Ordering Party and the Organizer, the subject of which are services provided under the conditions laid down in these Terms and Conditions, shall be Polish law.
- Any disputes arising between the Organizer and the Ordering Party who is a consumer shall be settled by the competent courts in accordance with the provisions of the Code of Civil Procedure.
- Resolution of any disputes arising between the Organizer and the Ordering Party who is not a consumer shall be settled by the competent courts appropriate for the seat of the Organizer.
- The Organizer has the right to unilaterally amend the Terms and Conditions, subject to the preservation of the rights of the Ordering Party who has paid a fee for the provision of the service by the Organizer. Any amendments to the Terms and Conditions will be published on the Website and will enter into force on the day of their publication. The Organizer shall inform the Ordering Party and Participants about the change of the Terms and Conditions by posting information on the Website and sending an e-mail notification to the Ordering Party or Participant.
- These Terms and Conditions are available in current and historical versions on the Website at https://itworkplace.letsmanageit.com.
- These Terms and Conditions shall enter into force on the date of publication on the Website and shall be introduced for an unlimited period of time.